Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Gaming in the Good ol' Days

A couple of days ago I got an email from Man Crates, A company that designs gifts for dudes in the form of, literally, a big ass crate. Their retro gaming crate being one of their more popular ones, they asked me to write a post about my gaming nostalgia.

 
I never really thought about that moment I really became a gamer. It just happened. Perhaps it was because my brother and sister have been playing games since the days of Game Gear. Hell, I wasn't even born when they were still playing Game Gear. 

Now they don't game as much and neither do I but I still like video games though. The PS1 and PS2 where the golden days of gaming for us. And no, I didn't play pokemon so that's not part of my gaming nostalgia. My most vivid memory of a retro-style game was probably Jackie Chan Stuntmaster. Man, I love Jackie Chan. You just can't hate the guy. He was th world's most famous dude at one point, at least to me he is. A celebrity like him deserves a great game like Stuntmaster. 

Stuntmaster had all the things I like about Jackie Chan and all his films. It had comedy, cool martial art moves and a classic Hong Kong crime film story line. Although, to be honest, I barely remember the story. If I play this game again now, It probably won't seem so great as I remember. That's why I don't play it. I just want to to be forever in my memory as an awesome game at the time and I know we all have those kind of games. 

Other noteworthy selections for my gaming nostalgia would probably be Team Buddies, Hitman: Blood Money on the PS2 and Kingdom Hearts. 




These games were what kept me up late at night reading the faqs to beat a certain boss, they were the games that I'd talk about with friends back in 4th grade, they were the games that I'd play with my brother for fun. It was an awesome time for gaming and the games now are only getting better and better. 

Anyways, go check out Man Crates and their products, I just want to say thanks to them for giving me the idea for this post! Hope you guys like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment