Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Next Battlefield Game is About..... Cops (?)

I've never actually been a big fan of the Battlefield series. I did enjoy the Battlefield 3 Multiplayer though (thanks to that Origin Humble Bundle). Overall, I thought that BF3 compared to CoD was more fun in terms of their multiplayer. While CoD put a greater importance on competition and being the absolute best in the entire game, BF3 was more lenient and gave you points for many things be it reviving a team mate, suppression assists etc. 




Anyways, I was flipping through my favorite Flipboard magazines, which would be the gaming mags, I stumbled across a familiar poster/art piece. It - quiet literally - had Battlefield written all over it. But I noticed it wasn't your usual military-goes-to-other-country-over-the-top-action kind of look. It looked more... domestic. The new game the EA revealed was Battlefield: Hardline. In BF Hardline, the action won't be coming from grenades being thrown and fighter jets zinging past the air. It'll be on the ground, in tight alleys and streets because in this new installment to the BF franchise, It's about COPS. 

Yes, Battlefield: Hardline will be about policemen and women. For some people who might be taken aback with the change pf scenery, I for one, welcome it. Until today, I don't think any game developer has ever tried to make a shooting game that's about cops and robbers. So for EA to make the change first, I'm pretty excited. Perhaps there will be more importance on the Story and Characters? wider variety of missions? One thing's for sure, This from the Army to the Boys in Blue are definitely making waves around the industry. Hardline is set for a Fall 2014 release as announced by EA. 



o be up to date with GamerTrust, Like our Facebook page and follow us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment